School of Architecture
学校的建筑教育将来时e leaders in design, planning, and management disciplines by offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in the professional fields of architecture, urban design, city and regional planning, construction and facilities management, environmental management, urban placemaking, historic preservation, and real estate. Our mission is articulated in four learning objectives shared by all of the school’s programs:
- Professional Knowledge with Creativity as the highest professional value,
- Critical Thinking that challenges the limits of each discipline though analysis and research,
- Ethical Judgement that stresses the importance of community and sustainability, and
- Technological Expertise in the most advanced technologies available.
这些学习目标建立一个独特的孔蒂xt for professional education in an art and design institute that stresses the relationship between intellectual development and creative activity. The school offers a broad cultural and analytical base in the liberal arts and sciences, while providing the specialized knowledge unique to individual disciplines. The importance of independent learning is emphasized in studio-based curricula, research-oriented thesis programs and independent research centers available to both graduate and undergraduate students. The school has many distinguished academic programs and specialized research centers on two campuses including the following:
- 8 studio-based programs in Brooklyn’s Higgins Hall
- 6 state of the art computer and production labs and 250-seat auditorium
- 3 management programs at Pratt Manhattan Center on 14th Street
- 6 research centers
- Undergraduate Architecture ranked 7th nationally byDesignIntelligence
- Graduate Planning ranked 3rd nationally byPlanetizen(non-PhD programs)
- Graduate Architecture and Urban Design ranked 5th by graduateprograms.com
- 160 faculty including noted practitioners and leading scholars
- International student body and diverse culture
- Over 10,000 alumni who are leaders in their respective disciplines
Please visit ourevents pagesif you are a current or prospective student for a listing of our many lectures and symposia. Please visit pages for individual programs to learn more about our faculty, curricula, and application processes.
Dr. Harriet Harriss
Dean, School of Architecture
Director of Budget and Administration
Assistant to the Dean
Graduate historic preservation, placemaking, & planning students worked with the Alice Austen House Museum to reimagine a trailblazing 19th-century photographer’s home as a community anchor.
New Diamonstein-Spielvogel Fellowship Program Will Bolster the Study of Climate Change in Architecture and Design
The fellowship program, made possible through the generosity of the Diamonstein-Spielvogel Foundation to honor President Emeritus Dr. Thomas F. Schutte, will advance pathways for diversity in climate change scholarship.
A visiting associate professor at Pratt Institute and an accomplished architect, urban designer, and academic, he will assume the role on July 1, 2022.
Pratt architecture students constructed inflatable installations based on their research into how excess plastics could be reduced and reused in design.